Sunday, May 22, 2011

This past week

And of course I am behind....so I will catch you up on my week.....Monday I started the new chemo treatment called taxol. One of the main side effects is joint/muscle pain...can't remember if joint muscle or bone...but aching......I have done pretty good this week.....still lost my taste buds but I didn't feel the yucky sick feeling I have felt with the other medicine. I started having aching on Wednesday I believe. Thank goodness for pain pills..I tried taking tylenol but it didn't help much so I started popping lortabs.......that helped. I can handle the aching a lot more than the yucky feeling I had with the other. Today is Sunday and I am still having some aching still in my legs...hopefully it will go away soon and I can have a good week.

Friday night was such a good night.....I got to participate in Morgan county's relay for life. This is such a great experience for anyone. If you have never been to one you should go next year. We had a team this year...Team Cofer.....thanks to my mom, Kristy Jenkins and anyone else that helped with our team for relay....the spray paint hair was a hit and nails too.....thanks to Kristy's daughter and nieces for helping.....we even had some zumba go on at our tent :).........Glenda and I participated in the survivor events.....they fed us some good food and gave us some goodies...and of course those of u that know Glenda know her good luck...she won two way radios......I won zip....hahahah...I thought surely I would be drawn for the blood pressure machine...darn......I then got up and said I was three months cancer free....yay......then we walked our long and slow survivor lap......this was emotional.....I probably would have been crying as me, Glenda, and Billy's dad walked our lap but I couldn't stop laughing at Billy being a photographer and chasing us around the track taking fifty million pictures.......photography is not his strong point........at 930 we all walked the silent luminary lap.....this is also so emotional.....thanks to those that purchased luminaries in honor of me and Glenda.....and thanks to my parents for the torch......this night was very special......I am so grateful for everyones support and love through all of this.......and thanks to Glenda for being my hat partner...I don't know about u but when this is all over we need to have a hat bonfire.....hahahah......


Oh yeah I forgot...when we were walking the survivor lap....we had Jackson as our cheering team...saying....go cancer team......he is so cute

We went to Baby Miller's baptism......she is so precious......and we were so excited to be a part of this special time......now she wasn't took excited about it all which made it all more fun.....once she got off that beautiful white dress and had some snack...she was all better......then we got to celebrate her first birthday....happy birthday miller...oh and Jackson was the best
dressed little man there.....he wore his suit ...and he was stylin.....he wouldn't even change out of it at the party.....no matter how red faced and hot he got...he kept that suit on.......he is a mess......

Well say a prayer for me because Thursday and Friday I am going to go to work for the last day of school and for post planning.....I was going back tomorrow for the week and then realized that wasn't smart...so I will go the last day......I pray that the students will be good to me that day and understand...I will keep my fingers crossed...maybe I should bring some bribing candy...hahahha

1 comment:

  1. Kids? Good? Candy?
    How quickly you have forgotten !!!!!!!
    See you soon ! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete